Title: A Grimsby Trawler Going to Sea
Author: H. Shaw, Grant Thorold Studio, 54 Durban Road, Grimsby



An excellent and very sharp photograph. This postcard was sourced from New York. It was posted from Grimsby to Brooklyn, New York in 1908.

FV Crux (GY106) was built by Mackie & Thomson & Co. of Glasgow in 1906. She was owned by Grimsby & North Sea Steam Trawling Co. - John R. Mackrill, Grimsby.

In 1912 the Crux was lost when she ran aground near Withernsea in a gale. One man lost his life.

Email: ''