Waddingham_Mill

Title: Waddingham Mill
Author: Unknown
Date:

An October 2017 scan of an original c1909 photo

Comments:

This lovely real photo pastcard was posted from Waddingham to Scunthorpe Police Station in April 1909.

Built in the early 19th century, Anderson's Windmill is a now a Grade II Listed Building. It was disused by 1956 and the sails are long gone but some later engine-driven milling machinery and other parts remain inside.

The signs show the name W. Abey and Waddingham Post Office. The Post Office and General Stores are still in the same building today. The more distant sign displays the name 'Everatt'. Above that there appears to be an enamel sign advertising Ogden's tobacco.

Email: 'imagesoflincolnshire.co.uk'