Port_Office_Cleethorpe_Road_Grimsby

Title: Port Office, Cleethorpe Road, Grimsby
Author: Paul M. Fenwick
Date: November 2018
Comments:

This prestigeous, Listed, landmark building is currently to let. The Dock Offices were built in 1885 by Mills and Murgatroyd for the Grimsby Dock Company. To the front of the Dock Office is a bronze statue of Albert, Prince Consort commissioned to William Theed in celebration of the visit by their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Wales to open the Union Dock on 22nd July 1879. (The statue was moved from a former site on the south side of Cleethorpe Road in mid C20.)

Grimsby and Cleethorpes | Email: 'imagesoflincolnshire.co.uk'