_

Palace_Theatre_Grimsby_c1907

/>

Title: The Palace Theatre, Grimsby c1907
Author: H. Shaw, Grant Thorold Studio, Grimsby
Date: An April 2019 image taken from an original c1907 photographic postcard which was posted from Grimsby to Kent on 20th July 1907
Comments:

The Palace Theatre opened on Victoria Street, on the corner of Corporation Road, in 1904. In 1931, the Palace became a cinema. In 1943, the cinema closed and the Palace reopened as a variety theatre after the town's Tivoli Theatre was bombed. The Palace was demolished in 1979. The original Palace Buffet on the corner has survived. It is now a Carphone Warehouse store and a Domino's Pizza.

Old Lincolnshire Images | Email: 'imagesoflincolnshire.co.uk'