Former_Castle_Press_Grimsby

Title: Former Castle Press Printing Works / Artillery Barracks
Author: Paul M. Fenwick
Date: November 2017
Comments:

Dating back to 1891, this Grade II Listed Building was originally the headquarters for the 1st Lincoln Artillery Volunteers. The premises were subsequently used, from the 1930s, by the famous printers 'Albert Gait' - Grimsby printers since 1860.

More recently owned by 'Wyndeham Gait', the Castle Press closed in 2015. Hopefully, a new use will soon be found for this historic building.

The newly refurbished Victoria Mills stands in the background.

Grimsby and Cleethorpes | Email: 'imagesoflincolnshire.co.uk'